After the rollercoaster week that I've had, I managed to have a serious discussion with the vet and I feel a little better. I spent most of the weekend doing a great deal of online research into canine kidney disease and dehydration and incontinence and we (the vet and I) are not certain that it is Shannon's kidneys afterall. I've made a number of changes to her diet and her supplements to support any oncoming problems and then we are just going to keep a close eye on it.
After finishing Generosity, I decided that I wasn't going to start any new stitching projects until I had made major inroads on my UFOs. In that spirit, I pulled out a piece that is more than halfway finished and that I haven't touched in at least 3 years. Midsummer Night's Fairy by Mirabilia. When I stitched this piece I decided that I would do all DMC and then add in the metallics, beads and treasures. Looking back I'm not certain I would still make that choice, because the metallics are a BEAR! Particularly since most of the metallic stitching on this piece is blended needle - you either are stitching with one strand of DMC and one of metallic or some combination of just metallics. It's driving me crazy and gave me such a headache yesterday. So I opted to put my needle down and take a trip to the gym.
My first trip to the gym and I walked on the treadmill for a half an hour. I had never been on a treadmill before and it took a little getting used to. Getting off was also an experience and I had to find my land legs as it still felt like the ground was moving under me :-)
I added a graphic to the bottom of the blog that will track my weight loss. This morning's weigh-in shows me down a total of 22 pounds. Wow!! Of course, I didn't eat much this weekend but I'm still mighty pleased with myself. 175 is a mini milestone for me and I am almost there.