Terrier tracks: Starting the New Year off right

Terrier tracks

Personal Records
  • 1 mile - 7:20 - October 11, 2008 - St Clement Long Stride - Jamaica, NY
  • 5k - 25:35 - June 1, 2008 - FPYC 25 Furlongs (5k) Race - Floral Park, NY
  • 4 miles - 33:32 - December 3, 2006 - Fly With the Owls 4 mile Run - Lynbrook, NY
  • 5 miles - 42:50 - Apr 27, 2008 - Alley Pond 5 Mile Challenge - Alley Pond Park, Queens, NY
  • 10k - 55:11 - May 19, 2007 - Healthy Kidney 10k - Central Park, NY
  • 15k - 1:39.28 - March 11, 2007 - Colon Cancer Challenge 15k - Central Park, NY
  • 10 miles - 1:38.28 - May 25, 2008 - Long Beach Trophy Run 10M - Long Beach, NY
  • Half Marathon - 2:05.48 - July 27, 2008 - NYC Half Marathon - New York, NY
2009 Races
  • Feb 21 - GLIRC 3 x 2 Trail Relay - 17:20 for my 2 mile leg
  • Mar 1 - Coogan's Salsa, Blues & Shamrocks 5k - 26:29
  • Mar 15 - John Corrigan 4 x 2 Relay - 16:21 for my 2 mile leg
  • Apr 11 - Scotland Homecoming 10k - 56:37
  • Apr 26 - Alley Pond 5 Mile Challenge - 47:44
  • May 16 - Healthy Kidney 10k - 57:13
  • May 27 - LIRRC Summer Series 5k - 27:17 - 1st in Age
  • May 30 - Japan Day 4M - 35:28
  • June 7 - Mini 10k - 57:31
  • June 10 - LIRRC Summer Series 5k - 26:57 - 3rd in Age
  • June 24 - LIRRC Summer Series 5k - 27:18
  • July 1 - LIRRC Summer Series 5k - 27:30 - 1st in Age
  • July 4 - Oakdale Firecracker 5k - 26:28
  • July 5 - Massapequa Firecracker 5k - 26:42
  • Aug 16 - NYC Half Marathon - 2:07:58
  • Aug 26 - LIRRC Summer Series 5k - 27:32
  • Sept 12 - Ocean to Sound 50M Relay - 5th leg - 55:56
  • Oct 4 - P.O. Gary Farley 5k - 27:16
  • Oct 11 - Get to the Point 5k - 26:46
  • Oct 25 - Totten Trot 5k - 27:09
  • Nov 8 - Blazing Trails 4-Autism 4M - 36:16
  • Nov 15 - Mineola Mustang 5k - 27:34
  • Nov 22 - Great Prostate Cancer Challenge 5k - 27:29 - 3rd in Age
  • Nov 27 - Run Your Turkey Off 4k - 20:56 - 2nd in Age
  • Dec 5 - Seaford Hot Chocolate 5k - 27:15
  • Dec 13 - TRRC Couples Race - 1st leg - 18:21, team: 32:41
  • Dec 19 - Ho Ho Ho Holiday 5k - 28:11
ASPCA Anti-Cruelty Resource Center

Subscribe with Bloglines

Get Firefox!




Kleercut.net



The WeatherPixie


Other things

 Subscribe in a reader

Check out our Frappr!

Listed on BlogShares Personal Blogs Blog Directory

Saturday, January 06, 2007
Starting the New Year off right
I've finally recovered enough from last weekend to give a summary of how the first week of 2007 has been going for me.


Last Saturday morning, I went for my final run of 2006. I did 5 miles with the Striders followed up with a trip to a local diner for brunch. As I had already decided not to worry about my eating for the weekend, I splurged on eggs, sausage and hash browns. Nothing like a grease fest after a good run.


That evening I headed out to Chelly's. She had planned a party for Saturday night, a New Year's Eve Eve party. Since we were running the following evening, we decided to get our celebrating out of the way first. I had a blast - ate too much chocolate, stuffed myself on pizza, and drank a good deal of champagne. This lead to the required off-key singing of classic '80s pop tunes and silly dancing. I didn't get home until 5:30 the following morning.

Sunday I slept in and pretty much spent the day recovering from the night before. A bunch of us were planning to participate in the Emerald Nuts Midnight Run in Central Park Sunday night, so I had to be sure I had enough energy to stay awake that long and run...ahem...complete 4 miles.

I met Chelly, as well as a number of the Striders, in the park at about 10pm. There was a DJ and costume contest and the park was full of revelers, most of who, probably, didn't run routinely. This made the actual run very chaotic. I hadn't made any plans to achieve a particular finishing time, just have fun and get some miles in. It was great fun. I wore a party hat and beads and such and also donned some of the lights and reflective wear I've acquired for running in the dark. There were loads of people participating and we also passed more spectators than I've seen for some of the real races. It was like one big roving party. I must have wished a few thousand people Happy New Year and slapped hundreds of hands of people on the sidelines as I passed.

I went to breakfast with Chelly after the run since she had to go to work a few hours later. Got home at a more reasonable 2:30am and fell asleep only to be awoken at 5:30 by my pup's tiny bladder. The rest of that day was pretty much spent on the couch watching TV and trying to grab a few minutes of sleep.

I got in a tempo run on Wednesday night. It was supposed to be 3 miles at just under a 9 minute pace with a mile of warm-up and a mile of cool-down. It didn't work out that way and I actually did 5 miles with an average page of 9:12 - I went too fast on the two slow miles. I'll have to work on that or I'm going to die as the tempo runs get longer.

This morning I got in a 6 mile run for a total of 15 miles for the first week of 2007. That's pretty much on target for where I should be in my half-marathon training.

This afternoon I did some shopping for the first time since before Thanksgiving. I try and stay out of the stores during the holiday madness so I was looking forward to wandering through some of my favorite stores. Didn't buy much, just looked. I did get a new pair of running shoes, however. I really needed them. I've been running in Asics Evolution, which is a heavy motion-control shoe. I had been fitted with them when I was still fairly new to running and I was also somewhat heavier. I didn't think I needed so much shoe anymore. Also, it isn't a popular model and often isn't available at the running stores. So I got the Asics GT-2120. Aren't they pretty? The only hesitation I had is that they're pink. Well, not really pink, but they're trimmed in pink. I'm not sure that I like pink shoes. None of my running togs are pink and I don't want to get a whole new wardrobe. Ah, who am I kidding, I don't really worry too much about coordinating my running wear, but I do prefer the primary colors over the pastels that the manufacturers seem to be determined to make us wear.

I'm participating in a run-along that Rachael put together - Run-a-go-go . There's a button over on the left sidebar for anyone else who is interested. Rachael has challenged a whole lot of people in the knitblogging community to complete 100 miles by April 1. You're allowed to complete in whatever manner you please, walking, running, biking, swimming. It should be fairly easy for me, but a lot of the knitbloggers are not athletically-inclined, so this is a big motivator. More power to you!!

Labels: , , ,

posted by DebbieJRT @ 5:17 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: DebbieJRT
Home: Bellerose, New York, United States
About Me: crotchety cross stitcher, trying to channel my inner athlete
See my complete profile
My Photos
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from dpesa. Make your own badge here.
Previous Post
Blogs
Running and Tri Blogs
Podcasts I Enjoy
Links
Webrings

Stitching Bloggers
Power By Ringsurf



Previous | Next

Archives
Template by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER